Biddenham received reaccreditation of the International School Award in September 2014, which is valid for three years.
The International School Award is a badge of honour for schools that do outstanding work in international education, such as through links with partner schools overseas. Each year Biddenham works with overseas schools, such as Beaufort West in South Africa through the International Inspirations project. The International School status has enabled us to incorporate cultural understanding and world issues within lessons throughout the school. We are constantly working on new projects that develop the knowledge and understanding of our young people to be prepared to live and work as global citizens.
Being part of the International School Award allows us to work on the following areas linked to their accreditation framework:
- International policy – international work in school planning
- Staff Development – training and CPD
- Collaborations with Partner Schools – projects, activities, communication
- Curriculum-based Work Across a Range of Subjects – global learning
- Involvement of the Wider Community – parents, businesses, social projects