Our BTEC Sport students in year 11 achieved a 100% pass rate.
Our BTEC students in year 12 and 13 achieved a 100% pass rate.
Our A level students achieved a 100% pass rate.
Information About the Curriculum
Our Curriculum both through the academic route (GCSE, BTEC and ALEVEL) and the compulsory core Physical Education offers a personalised learning experience for all.
All students in KS4 will take part in core PE lesson were they are given the opportunity to engage in as many different physical activities as possible. In year 11 students choose their own Physical Education learning pathway. All students within core PE are assessment both through their effort and attainment. On top of the core PE lessons students in KS4 can opt into GCSE PE on top of their core lessons.
Not only do our KS4 students achieve academically they all take part in a Biddenham leadership course and run sports festivals to local middle and lower schools.
For students who excel in leadership at both KS4 and 5 within sport they have the opportunity to be part of the leadership academy. Within the academy they have the opportunity to gain extra qualifications in leadership.
Students wanting to study Physical Education at KS5 have two different routes that they can take, either an A level in Physical Education or the level 3 BTEC in Sport.
For more information on our extensive Physical Education curriculum please follow the various links of the different qualifications on offer.
Information About the Department
The Physical Education department offers:
- A friendly, supportive and creative learning environment.
- Exceptional sports facilities, sports hall, dance studio, fitness suite, rowing room, astroturf and field space. Along with a classroom dedicated to Physical Education.
- A vast extra curricular program offering the opportunity to take part in an array of physical activities. From the traditional Football, Rugby, Badminton, Table Tennis and Netball, to Wakeboarding, Ski trips, Scuba Diving trips, golf, leadership tours to South Africa, climbing and swimming to name a few.
- Numerous opportunities for all students to be involved in intra house and inter school competition in all extra curricular activities.
- We also offer the opportunity at KS5 for students who excel at Handball the opportunity to be selected for the England Handball ASSE program. This program is lead by Bobby White (GB handball captain) out of our school but also includes students from other schools in the Eastern region.
- Celebrations of our students success’s through a number of schemes. Athlete’s of the week, which is on the website every week. 2 students are nominated by the Physical Education department for their success within Physical Education. This can range from commitment, effort or excellence in and outside the classroom. School Sports colours, half and full. These are awarded to students who have represented the school and taking part fully in the practices in all sports that are on offer at Biddenham. The achievements of the year are then celebrated during our National Sports week and our annual Sports Presentation Evening. Were all students achievements are celebrated.
The following members of staff work in our department:
Phillipa Copley – Head of Department
Cathy Eckett – Associate Assistant Headteacher Timetable, Curriculum and Personalisation
Paul Livesey – Associate Assistant Headteacher Transition
Paul Ray – Head of Year 11
Alan Brown – Head of Year 9
Fiona Kirk – Assistant Head of Year 11
Michael Evans – Teacher of Physical Education and Maths
Sam Fraser – Physical Education Technician.
For further information please contact;
Phillipa Copley firstname.lastname@example.org