Consistently strong KS4 & KS5 results. 100% of students achieving A*-C in GCSE and A*-E at A-Level.
Information technology is the beating heart of the modern world. We aim to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to prosper in an ever developing technological world.
Information About the Curriculum
In Year 9 students undertake core lessons in IT. These lessons prepare students with key skills such as critical analysis, information dissemination, skills in workplace productivity applications (such as spreadsheets and word processing) and analysis of technological trends. Armed with these skills, students can then utilise these skills to help and broaden their approach to all of their GCSE subjects.
In addition to the core lessons, we offer two distinct paths for students wishing to undertake GCSE study: Computer Science and Information & Communications Technology (ICT). ICT and Computer Science are very different subjects (much like Physics and Biology) and we are delighted to offer students the option to pick the most appropriate choice.
Biddenham was at the leading edge of offering Computing at KS4 and offers a rigorous but rewarding programme of study which includes building robotics, programming, computational thinking and game development. The course is especially suited to mathematically able students and those looking for an academically challenging respected course.
We also offer two choices of ICT subject: a traditional GCSE in ICT or vocational route where assessment is primarily coursework based and suited to students looking for a practical, hands-on approach to ICT – leading on to a career in information technology.
Options at KS5 are also varied and offer a wide variety of choice for the student. They can pick from traditional A-Levels in Computing and ICT suited towards students moving on to higher education, or a vocational BTEC course in ICT which leads well into employment.
For more information on our extensive ICT & Computing curriculum, please follow the various links to each of the different qualifications on offer.
Information About the Department
The ICT & Computing department offers:
- a friendly, supportive and creative learning environment.
- dedicated computer suites with interactive whiteboards and specialist software.
- an inclusive approach to teaching and learning where all students will feel valued.
- high expectations of all students.
- a wide variety of course options allowing students to tailor their education to meet their own requirements.
- opportunities to learn outside of the classroom including trips to Disneyland Paris, New York and the National Computing Museum.
- specialist teachers with a proven passion for delivering skills pertinent for many years down the line.
- after-school clubs in application development and robotics.
Mr A. Parish - Head of Science & Computing
Mrs B. Sydney - Head of ICT
Mr G. Foy - Teacher of ICT and Head of Year 11
Mr T. Price - Teacher of Computing and ICT
Mr T. Hussain - Teacher of ICT and RS
Mr E. Evans - Teacher of ICT and RS
Mrs S. Cadman - Teacher of ICT and Business