Geography is a popular subject at GCSE and A Level.
The Geography department comprises of two classrooms each with access to a projector. The department is well resourced for all levels. We have close links with other Bedford schools with whom we collaborate and share good practice.
The Geography department offers:
- Formative and summative assessments.
- Personalised learning environments.
- Experiential learning environments.
- Structured and detailed handouts.
- Applied learning experiences through fieldtrips for GCSE & AS.
- Easter and half term revision sessions.
- Celebrating of success (i.e. Star of the Week, trophies, medals , certificates, postcards, chocolate, shout out to Head of Year, house points and verbal praise in lessons).
- Updated display work.
- Challenge in lessons through differentiated tasks.
- Encouragement of progress through individual target setting and feedback.
- Approachable and supportive staff.
- Fun, creativity and variety in lessons.
GCSE is taught from October of Year 9. The students are following the Edexcel Geography A full course. This includes a field trip.
GCE is taught through 8 timetabled lessons per fortnight and we follow AQA Geography. This includes a three day residential trip to Swanage.
Miss Gemma Buckingham - Head of Geography, Head of Business Studies and Form Tutor.
Miss Emily Roberts - Teacher of Geography and Form Tutor
Mr Alan Brown - Head of Sixth form and Teacher of PE and Geography
Ms Nic fountain - KS3 teacher of Geography
Miss Bethany Lees - Teacher of Geography and Business Studies.